When will my order ship?
When can I expect my order?
Orders are shipped within 14- 16 (does not include weekends or holidays) business days, unless something is out of stock. You will be notified ASAP should there be a delay, but please understand that orders are filled as they are made.
Domestic shipping within the U.S. takes about 3-10 business days and include a tracking number, which is provided by Paypal.
International shipping may vary between 2-6 weeks.
How much product will I receive?
Full size jars have approximately 3/4 of a teaspoon.
Petit jars have approximately 1/4 of a teaspon
Samples have approximately 1/8 of a teaspoon and come in a 2x2 zippie bag.
What happens when a package is lost in the mail?
US orders have tracking, so it's pretty easy to figure out what happened and get it fixed.
International orders usually arrive within about 5 - 15 business days, but please allow up to 6 weeks for packages to arrive. If you still haven't received your package contact me via email and I can either refund your money or re-ship the order.
How do I keep my cosmetics bacteria free?
To get the most out of your makeup, it is essential to keep it clean. Many make up users don’t think about how they handle, and apply makeup and even store makeup. However, paying close attention to how you care for your makeup can save you from infections and wasted products.
Here are some quick and easy tips to keeping your products clean and bacteria free:
• Wash your hands before handling any makeup. Your hands are covered with germs and bacteria that can make their way into your makeup. I am addicted to Germ-X hand sanitizer :)
• Use clean tools. If you use brushes, wash them frequently! I have a "in between" brush cleaner that is an alcohol based spray and I wash my brushes once a week. It's also a good idea to have a backup set of brushes. That way when one is drying you still have a usable set.
• Only use water if you need to dilute or moisten a cosmetic. Never use saliva or other liquids. If you’re going to apply or foil your makeup, use a separate jar or lid. Adding water to your cosmetics will allow bacteria to grow in it. You can pick up little condiment cups at the dollar store and these work great for foiling.
• Discard makeup if the container or seal is broken. A cracked seal can allow bacteria in.
• If your makeup changes color, begins to smell differently, or changes in texture, discard it. Your makeup may be old or contaminated and should no longer be used.
• If a product causes irritation, stop using it immediately. If irritation persists, see a doctor.
• Avoid using eye cosmetics if you have an eye infection or the skin around the eye is inflamed. Do not use cosmetics again until the area is healed and discard any you were using when you got the infection. I know this is a hard one, but necessary.
Why don't you use shrink bands?
Why don't you use heat shrink wrap on your products?
There are a few reason for this:
Firstly, the main reason for shrink bands is safety. To ensure that no one else has touched your products or that contaminants were not introduced. Since I am a one woman show there really is no reason for this. And secondly, for time effectiveness. I do a lot of custom orders and blending and it would be time prohibitive to shrink band all these products and would definitely effect the turn around time.
Are all of your products 100% minerals?
Darling Girl Cosmetics is not a "mineral" makeup. While we do use minerals we do not limit ourselves to just mineral mica's. We use some synthetic mica's as well as lake colors and silicons. Most products are mineral but please check the ingredients list or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure.